[rhos-list] Unable to access Swift using Keystone on reboot

David Hernandez dhern at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 6 17:33:02 UTC 2012

Pete.

I consulted one of our developers and showed him the error we were getting
when trying to write objects to HPSS.  He told me that the xattr data
contained in the object it was trying to write did contain some binary
data.:

[80][02]}q[01](U[0e]Content-Lengthq[02]U[04]1024q[03]U[04]nameq[04]U8/AUTH_91186334603648d78602bf5481e9393f/c3/tmp/data4.fileq[05]U[13]X-Object-Meta-Mtimeq[06]U\r1352219008.97q[07]U[04]ETagq[08]U
1868a60a20c5ed4a02ecb257f7019bebq\tU[0b]X-Timestampq\nU[10]1352219888.77388q[0b]U[0c]Content-Typeq[0c]U[18]application/octet

The two digit hex values in the square brackets are the non-printable
characters that were part of the xattr value.

David Hernandez

Contractor / HPSS
IBM Global Business Services - US Federal
12301 Kurland Dr Suite 300
Houston, TX 77034-4812
Mobile 713-444-5755