[rhos-list] about Red Hat OpenStack One-Year Evaluation | not getting appropriate pool IDs

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 16:19:42 UTC 2012

Hi Anuj,

On 11/02/2012 04:14 AM, Anuj Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [root at sandbox11 ~]# subscription-manager list --available | grep -A8
> "OpenStack"
> [root at sandbox11 ~]# echo $?
> 1
> [root at sandbox11 ~]# subscription-manager list --available | grep -A8
> "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server"
> Product Name:             30 Day Self-Supported Red Hat Enterprise Linux
> Server, (2
>                         sockets) (Up to 1 guest) Evaluation
> Product Id:               RH0165327
> Pool Id:                  8a85f9843a8e1af1013a9c1d13596f2d
> Quantity:                 1
> Service Level:            None
> Service Type:            None
> Multi-Entitlement:        No
> Expires:                  11/25/2012
> [root at sandbox11 ~]# echo $?
> 0
> [root at sandbox11 ~]#

> Thank you for your request. It appears that you have already activated
> an evaluation of Red Hat Essex Tech Preview. Please contact sales for
> more information.

Did you activate the subscription on a system previously and then try to
activate it on a second system?

I think the subscriptions might be incorrectly configured to restrict
you from only being able to activate on a single machine at a time.
This is something that we need to correct.

Also, can you provide output of:

subscription-manager list --all --available

subscription-manager list --installed

And can you let me know what you see on:

You should see something like:
Red Hat Essex Tech Preview
with a Quantity of 1

You can also go to:
https://access.redhat.com/management/consumers/

And look at the machines you have registered in RHN to see if any of
them are actively consuming that Red Hat Essex Tech Preview entitlement

Let me know what the output of those commands are and what you see on
those pages I mentioned above in the customer portal.

Cheers,

Perry