[rhos-list] Update on RHOS Preview

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 21:08:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

Wanted to update folks participating in the Preview on our current
status with respect to both Essex and Folsom.

Last week, we released several errata based on the upstream stable
branch releases for Quantum, Keystone and Horizon.

The specific errata are visible here:
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2012-1377.html
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2012-1378.html
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2012-1380.html

These were based on the 2012.1.2 stable branch releases.

We are also in progress updating several packages to the 2012.1.3 stable
branch releases, and expect these updates to be pushed out soon.

The team is currently working on preparing the RHOS Preview to be
updated to the Folsom release which was released upstream on Sep 27th.
Today there was a focused test day using the EPEL versions of Folsom
packages on top of RHEL 6.3.  The packages are available here:

http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-folsom/epel-6/

After we assess the results of the testing, we'll determine if there is
additional stabilization to be done or if we can push these packages
into EPEL6.

>From there, we're working on updating the RHOS Preview to Folsom, and we
expect that sometime in November, we'll have these ready for people to
begin consuming.

As you're using the Essex Preview, please do raise any issues you find
on the mailing list and also feel free to file bugs.  You can file bugs
directly against the RHOS Preview here:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Red+Hat+OpenStack

And you can see other bugs that have been filed (either by us internally
or other external people) here:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&product=Red+Hat+OpenStack

Cheers and thanks for participating in the Preview!

Perry