[rhos-list] No repolist in redhat.repo

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 01:21:55 UTC 2012

On 09/13/2012 09:16 PM, Xu, HongnaX wrote:
> On 09/13/2012 01:38 AM, Xu, HongnaX wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>>   I have subscribed "Red Hat OpenStack - Preview" and "Red Hat
>>> Enterprise Linux Server" channels, but why my repolist is 0, how could
>>> I add the the repos to my repolist?
>>>
>>> My repo could search the openstack-utils package but can't install, now.
>>> Any reply would be Appreciated.
>
>> Can you provide the output of:
>> subscription-manager list --installed
>
> it shows:
>     Installed Product Status
> Product Name:           Red Hat OpenStack
> Product ID:             191
> Version:                Essex
> Arch:                   x86_64
> Starts:                 09/06/2012
> Expires:                09/06/2013

That indicates that you don't have a valid RHEL subscription installed.
 If you did, it would look like this:

>     Installed Product Status
> Product Name:         	Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
> Product ID:           	69
> Version:              	6.3
> Arch:                 	x86_64
> Starts:               	10/11/2011
> Expires:              	01/01/2022
>
> Product Name:         	Red Hat OpenStack
> Product ID:           	191
> Version:              	Essex
> Arch:                 	x86_64
> Starts:               	08/13/2012
> Expires:              	08/12/2013

Without a RHEL subscription listed as Status Subscribed for product id
69, the OpenStack repositories will not work correctly.

So you probably need to do a subscription-manager subscribe command with
a pool id of a valid RHEL entitlement.

Perry