[rhos-list] Quantum Metadata service

Minton, Rich rich.minton at lmco.com
Tue Apr 30 16:54:49 UTC 2013

Regarding Metadata and Openstack Networking (Quantum), is it necessary to have the L3-agent running in order to access metadata from a VM?

Also, the Openstack Networking documentation says to add the following to nova.conf:

firewall_driver = nova.virt.firewall.NoopFirewallDriver
security_group_api = quantum
service_quantum_metadata_proxy = true
quantum_metadata_proxy_shared_secret = "password"
network_api_class = nova.network.quantumv2.api.API

Also, if quantum proxies calls to metadata, do I still need this line:
enabled_apis=ec2,osapi_compute,metadata

Basically do I need to add these to every compute node and is this all I need to get metadata service up and running?

Thanks for the help.
Rick

Richard Minton
LMICC Systems Administrator