[rhos-list] subscription manager / yum working on one system but not the other

Mehul Bhatt (mehbhatt) mehbhatt at cisco.com
Tue Aug 6 16:20:29 UTC 2013

Doesn't look anything different - other than the fact that the bad one doesn't have RHOS still installed.  I also increased  yum debug level and see the difference between yum logs on two machines - nothing specific catches my eyes.

vi /etc/yum.conf

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum/$basearch/$releasever
keepcache=0
debuglevel=5   <<-- changed this

Logs has this:
This system is receiving updates from Red Hat Subscription Management.
Config time: 2.269
Yum Version: 3.2.29
COMMAND: yum install -y yum-utils
Installroot: /
Ext Commands:

   yum-utils
Setting up Package Sacks
Reading Local RPMDB
rpmdb time: 0.000
Setting up Install Process
Setting up Package Sacks
Checking for virtual provide or file-provide for yum-utils
Setting up Package Sacks
Nothing to do

And BTW, here's the difference between "subscription-manager list --installed" :

On good one:

[root at rhos-node2 ~]# subscription-manager list --installed
    Installed Product Status
Product Name:           Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
Product ID:             69
Version:                6.3
Arch:                   x86_64
Starts:                 07/23/2013
Ends:                   09/21/2013

Product Name:           Red Hat OpenStack
Product ID:             191
Version:                3.0
Arch:                   x86_64
Starts:                 07/23/2013
Ends:                   09/21/2013

On bad one:

[root at rhos-node1 ~]# subscription-manager list --installed
    Installed Product Status
Product Name:           Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
Product ID:             69
Version:                6.4 Beta
Arch:                   x86_64
Starts:                 07/23/2013