[rhos-list] Installing Openstack Essex on isolated RHEL 6.2 cluster

Todd Sanders tsanders at redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 19:06:43 UTC 2013

On 01/25/2013 01:27 PM, Perry Myers wrote:
> On 01/25/2013 01:19 PM, Derrick H. Karimi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>       My organization has a satellite RHN server.  Our RHEL 6.2 cluster
>> does not have direct internet access.  How can I get the OpenStack essex
>> preview to work in this environment?
> Hmm...  I would assume it's possible to have a satellite server mirror
> from an eval channel and that should solve your issue.  But I'm not an
> expert on RHN/Satellite so I've cc'd a few folks who are
>
> Cliff/Todd, any thoughts?
>
> As an aside, I happen to be based in Pittsburgh (I see that you're from
> CMU) :)
>
> Perry

Absolutely, Satellite is certainly capable of mirroring the RSOS eval
channels for folsom and essex.  In order for that to happen, you would
need to request the RHOS eval from the same account that contains your
existing Satellite subscription, request and install an updated
Satellite Certificate, and then sync the channels.

-Todd