[rhos-list] Installing Openstack Essex on isolated RHEL 6.2 cluster

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 20:57:29 UTC 2013

On 01/25/2013 03:43 PM, Paul Robert Marino wrote:
> Derrick
> you seem to have crossed the message streams here so im going to
> respond in the original chain
>
> Well if you have Satellite already absolutely by all means use it!
> Spacewalk is cool for managing other distros like Fedora, Cent OS,
> Suse, Scientific Linux but if you have a choice for RHEL use
> Satellite.
> Also if you are using it for educational purposes in a university,
> continuing education, or internal training environment, Spacewalk
> might also be useful to teach your students how to configure and use
> it because the skills would directly apply to administrating future
> versions of Satellite and SUSE Manager (Novels Satellite Clone built
> on Spacewalk).
>

> The Essex packages are a different channel than the Folsom packages.
> Unfortunately I'm not sure if that channel is still available which
> may explain why you don't see them.

The RHOS Preview still should provide access to both the Essex and
Folsom channels.

The Essex channel will be deprecated later this year, but definitely is
still around.

That being said... Folsom is so much better that Essex...  I'm curious
if you have a specific need to stay on Essex vs. moving to the newer
release?

Cheers,

Perry