[rhos-list] Bypassing authentication

Guolin Cheng gcheng at salesforce.com
Thu Jun 27 01:07:18 UTC 2013

Hi Pete,

 I assume that the header version in Redhat openstack repo is 'grizzly' - see openstack release/name table at http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/yum/content/version.html.

[coolguy at testcloud ~]$ keystone-manage --version
2013.1.1

So I assume that the installed openstack keystone RPM version is compatible with redhat openstack installation guide version.

BTW, could you help explain what are the RHOS 2.1 vers RHOS 3? Does RHOS 3 means grizzly, RHOS 2.1 means some patch level of Folsom?

Thanks.
--Guolin

On 6/26/13 5:09 PM, "Pete Zaitcev" <zaitcev at redhat.com> wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 16:49:08 -0700
Guolin Cheng <gcheng at salesforce.com> wrote:

> The document Red_Hat_OpenStack-3-Installation_and_Configuration_Guide-en-US.pdf
>   -- page 52 - instructs to create V3.0 service endpoints.

Hmm, indeed. This is clearly expected to work. Not being an expert
in Keystone, I cannot help to debug this further, sorry. I would just
make sure again I weren't trying to install RHOS 2.1 packages using
the RHOS 3 instructions.

> Is this the upstream openstack Grizzly problem, or redhat packaging / documenation issue? > I followed the redhat installation documents step by step exactly.

If docs are wrong, it is our problem, IMHO. Opening a bug would help
fixing it up, but I suspect that it's not a bug in docs at this point.

-- Pete