[rhos-list] OpenStack Network Issues in All In One Setup

Terry Wilson twilson at redhat.com
Fri Nov 8 18:53:11 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am testing All In One setup of RHOS ( Grizzly ) on one VM which is hosted
> on my Fedora19 laptop.I have RHEL6.4 64bit installed of the VM and have
> configured the RHOS using packstack.The setup is working smooth,i am able to
> launch the instances but the challenge is the OpenStack Networking.
>
> Following is my network setup
>
> 1. I have Linux Bridge br100 configured on my fedora19 which i am using for
> all the external communication and have shared the same device to my VM for
> external communication.
>
> 2.VM has br-ex (OVSBridge) being setup for external communication and has
> same range of IP address as on br100 of fedora19.
>

> Please help/suggest what i have made the error.

Not enough info for me to know what exactly is going wrong, but I'd read over http://openstack.redhat.com/Neutron_with_existing_external_network for getting an allinone install working with an existing external network. It was written for havana, but I think it should work for grizzly by substituting quantum for neutron.

Terry