[rhos-list] Lbass seems not to be functioning in RDO grizzly

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 20:37:09 UTC 2013

hello every one
Im tinkering with RDO grizzly and trying to get the lbaas agent working.
im using openvswitch with gre tunnels which is working well.

in /etc/quantum/lbaas_agent.ini I set the following

interface_driver = quantum.agent.linux.interface.OVSInterfaceDriver
ovs_use_veth = True
device_driver =
quantum.plugins.services.agent_loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.namespace_driver.HaproxyNSDriver
use_namespaces = True

in /etc/quantum/quantum.conf i set in the [DEFAULT] section

service_plugins =
quantum.plugins.services.agent_loadbalancer.plugin.LoadBalancerPlugin

I restarted  quantum server and started the lbass agent.

haproxy is installed.

when I run quantum lb-pool-list

i get this error
"
404 Not Found

The resource could not be found.

"

the weird thing is when I look at the logs I done see any errors of
any kind not even in debug logging, and there is no indication on the
secure log that a sudo involving haproxy was ever attempted.

also i dont see it listed if i do a quantum  ext-list

The only thing that I can see that may indicate the cause is durring
the startup of quantum server I see the message
"
WARNING [quantum.api.extensions] Extension lbaas not supported by any
of loaded plugins
"

this said I havent seen any indication on how to fix it on any of the
openstack docs or any of the blog sites where people have configured
it in the past. according to every thing Ive read it should be
working.

does any one have any ideas on what may be the problem?