[rhos-list] horizon log in via https not working

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Wed Sep 4 09:09:47 UTC 2013

On 30/08/13 16:07, David Raddatz wrote:
> Hi, Matthias,
>
> Thanks for the response.  Yeah - the doc.openstack.org is probably
> geared towards Ubuntu...
>
> I'll take a look at the red hat document (been looking at it this
> morning) but now I have some probably dumb questions as I'm a newbie
> in all this.  BTW, it looks like the firewall is active and not
> listening to 443.

OK; two things to check:

lsof -i :443 | grep apache

(to check, if your apache is listening on port 443)

if it does:
by chance, it may be possible, adding port 443 to the firewall setting
failed. You should edit /etc/sysconfig/iptables and locate a rule:
-A INPUT -p tcp -m multiport --dports 80 -m comment --comment "001
horizon incoming" -j ACCEPT

If it already contains --dports 80,443 , you're all set here. if not,
please add ',443' to dports and restart the firewall:
service iptables restart.

As a side note,
lokkit -s https
also adds port 443 to the firewall configuration.

Matthias