[rhos-list] Swift: Getting errors like "Unable to create container" with successfully creating it

Diogo Vieira dfv at eurotux.com
Mon Jan 27 19:07:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've been noticing a strange pattern on my swift cluster and I was hoping you could help me. I'm running 1 Proxy Node and 1 Storage Node on the same physical machine and 4 more Storage Nodes in virtual machines.

Whenever I try to create a new container in the Horizon (dashboard) interface I get an "Unable to create container" error. What's strange is that if I refresh the list I can confirm it has been created. The same problem happens using the REST API which gives me an 503 "Service unavailable" error but successfully creates the container.

Since I couldn't find any logs or any similar problem happening to other people, can you try to help me troubleshoot this problem? What should I do first?

Thank you for your help,
Diogo Vieira