[rhos-list] Cannot create/modify projects: no default role Member

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Wed Jul 9 00:01:42 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Brad Lodgen" Lodgen at centurylink.com>
> To: "Steve Gordon" <sgordon at redhat.com>
>
> Actually, I was looking at the keystone log and not the horizon log, so that
> was my bad. I saw the horizon log still had the "Member" error and realized
> I did not restart services after making the change. After restart, I can now
> create/modify projects.
>
> Thanks, Steve!

No problem, out of interest how were you deploying? Did you manually create the Keystone users, roles, etc.? In our RHELOSP 4 documentation we used the Member role - this aligns it with the default Horizon configuration for that release (which also matches the upstream default at that point in time if I recall correctly):

    https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_OpenStack_Platform/4/html/Installation_and_Configuration_Guide/Creating_User_Accounts1.html

--
Steve Gordon, RHCE
Sr. Technical Product Manager,