[rhos-list] Openstak Platform 4.0 - Neutron - external network query

Maruf Hassan otarini at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:51:56 UTC 2014

Hi All

I have a following setup deployed using Foreman with OpenStack 4.0

1x Controller ( Neutron )
1x Computer ( Neutron )
1x Neutron Networker

All nodes have 2 NICs. eth0 connected to my Physical LAN and eth1 is
private LAN for mangement/data network. When I launch instance they can
talk to each other over GRE on the data network.

Now, for external network I have defined a physnet1  which maps to eth0
 (physnet1:br-eth0   and br-eth0:eth0). I have set this appropriately and
Foreman/puppet creates the bridges accordingly.

The problem is, I have IP assigned to eth0 on all three nodes. Now when
puppet creates the br-eth0 bridge with eth0 as a port it does not move the
IP address from eth0 to br-eth0 and thus my nodes fell off the physical
LAN. And I believe without the IP being set on br-eth0 bridge the instances
won't be able to go out to my physical LAN.

Am I missing anything here?

Thanks
Maruf