[Strimzi] RC1 of Strimzi 0.3.0 available

Jakub Scholz jakub at scholz.cz
Tue Apr 17 16:42:26 UTC 2018

One of the problems is that the config map is a namespaced resource. But if
you want a Kafka cluster which serves multiple namespaces then Kafka topic
is not namespaced resource. That means a lot of complications. For example
what should we do when the same topic is configured within different
namespaces? So I do not think we can see the presence of the config map for
given topic in the namespace as a proof of ownership for the topic.

I think that the general idea is quite good. But the implementation might
not be trivial. I think I will need some more time to think about it.
Either way this is far beyond the 0.3.0 scope.

Thanks
Jakub