[Strimzi] Deploying kafka cluster in multiple namespaces

Daniel Beilin dandaniel97 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:28:54 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm using strimzi 0.8.2/amq streams and I'm trying to deploy a cluster
operator and use it from a different project. But when I'm trying to use
the template you have in examples in order to deploy I'm getting the error:
Kafka.kafka.strimzi.io is forbidden: User cannot create
kafka.kafka.strimzi.io in the namespace : no RBAC policy matched

What can I do about it?

Furthermore, Is there a specific user that needs to be logged in in order
to deploy the cluster I'm a different project?
And if so can I add this privilege to other users.

I'm having a hard time finding which users need to be logged in in order to
deploy cluster because we would like to give this ability also to non
system:admin users

Thank you in advanced,
Daniel