[UBI] unexplained group render in ubi:8.1

Scott McCarty smccarty at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 18:54:48 UTC 2020

Yanchen,
    I found out it's used by systemd. Unless you are using ubi-init, I
suspect this UID could be re-used.

“rpm -qa --qf "[%{NAME}\n]" --scripts” eventually leads to:

commit db8b8fe77ce30244ad82e70ec4e8302b0c9dbf41
Author: Yu Watanabe <watanabe.yu+github at gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Dec 12 14:28:11 2017 +0900

    create render group, remove groups for timesync, journal-gateway and
journal-upload

<
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/systemd/c/db8b8fe77ce30244ad82e70ec4e8302b0c9dbf41

It's implementing this systemd change:

commit 4e15a7343cb389e97f3eb4f49699161862d8b8b2