ntrace: interface ideas

Chris Moller cmoller at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 11:30:13 UTC 2008

Phil Muldoon wrote:
> Chris Moller wrote:
>>
>> No guarantees, of course--the next-generation stuff may do things
>> differently--but even as I type this, I'm hacking together a
>> boilerplate framework that does exactly as described above.
> Missed this in the last question, so apologies for the multiple
> emails. When can I get the ntrace/boilerplate code? Perhaps studying
> the code would render answers as well as just asking questions on the
> list ;)

I'll see if I can put something in some repo sometime in the next couple
of days--with the proviso that I don't guarantee it won't slag your
machine.  It won't have much real function--perhaps nothing that ever
sees the real light of day and using mechanisms the may change
radically--but my still-a-bit-buggy sandbox code right now attaches to
any number of command-line specified PIDs and then, asynchronously,
reports the advent of command-line specified syscall entries and exits
to stdout, and that's it.  No interactivity.

--
Chris Moller

  I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but
  I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      -- Robert McCloskey