syscall -1?

Chris Moller cmoller at redhat.com
Fri Aug 15 02:01:10 UTC 2008

Roland McGrath wrote:
> Please always mention the kernel version and machine you are using when
> asking any question like this.  The output of "uname -a" is a good,

Linux hotbox.mollernet.net 2.6.25.6 #8 SMP Tue Jun 24 10:11:08 EDT 2008
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

> For real code, you should be using syscall_get_nr (asm/syscall.h),

Hmm-- no such thing, apparently, as syscall_get_nr in 2.6.25.6.  Is it
supposed to trickle out into the world sometime soon?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Moller

  I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but
  I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      -- Robert McCloskey