utrace/ptrace status update

Elena Zannoni elena.zannoni at oracle.com
Thu Dec 4 15:32:49 UTC 2008

Can we get these two new people from Redhat posting to this list as they
make progress on utrace? There is nothing visible from outside, really.
The list has been quite for 1.5 months, if you don't count the annoying
spam.
What is the plan of integrating with upstream kernel?
What are the plans for gdb starting to use this new stuff? I doubt that
kernel people will accept things until there is a legitimate user.

elena

--
Elena Zannoni, Oracle
Senior Engineering Manager, Tools/Languages - Linux Engineering
Email: elena.zannoni at oracle.com