resume from another engine results in loss of singlestep req.

Srikar Dronamraju srikar at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Aug 12 13:18:43 UTC 2009

> Could you show the code please? I don't really understand how it
> looks with 1+2 above.

I am attaching the code.
The module code is in try_utrace/probe5_a.c and try_utrace/probe5_b.c.

> But, just in case... I think module_b should re-assert SINGLESTEP
> from either report_quiesce/report_signal.

Yes I have re-asserted SINGLESTEP.
I also have printk's in report_quiesce/report_signal to see if
report_quiesce/report_signal in probe5_b are called after we do
utrace_control(.,,UTRACE_RESUME/UTRACE_DETACH).

However those callbacks dont seem to be called again.

--
Thanks and Regards
Srikar