ten dollars is a good deal of money for a little boy to earn at

Doegg cans at somvao.nl
Wed Sep 2 15:52:35 UTC 2009

 "I suppose we ought to make him run until he is played out," said Bert,
"That's the way to cure a horse of running away." But none of the boys
felt like risking their bones even to cure Sable, so the panting animal
was led to the stable and for the rest of the day allowed to think over
his bad conduct. But that was not the last of the runaway, for in the
evening just after supper old Mr. Trimble paid a visit to Tom's father.
"I came over to tell you what a scallywag of a boy you've got," began
the cross old man. "He and a lot of young loafers took a horse and drove
him all through my cornfield to-day, and now you've got to pay the
damages." "My son is not a scallywag," Mr. Mason declared, "and if you
call him names like loafer and scallywag I'll make you pay damages."
"Oh! you will, eh?" the other sneered. "Think I'm afraid of an old
constable up here, do you?" "Well now, see here," Mr. Mason said, "Be
reasonable and do not quarrel over an accident. If any corn is knocked
down I'll get Tom to fix it up, if it's broken down we wil