utrace-ptrace && detach with signal semantics

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 04:13:43 UTC 2009

> OK. Let's see what Roland thinks.

I think the whole stoppedness vs detach et al discussion is a separate
issue from the basic PTRACE_DETACH,signr behavior, and I think I want to
discuss that in the other thread we have whose subject says it's about
that.  I think I've covered the (separate) basic parting-signal issue now.

> Hmm. I guess with utrace it will be simple to do this change...

You're supposed to say that before every patch!  Didn't you get the memo? ;-)

Thanks,
Roland