S of the labouring poor idle for months together. Incalculab

Coup Seckington wriggler at diosynth.com.br
Mon Mar 22 16:42:17 UTC 2010

Telligence--a war is _inevitable_. You may also rely on my conjecture--that it will be the most desperate war which Europe has yet seen. One that will break up _foundations_, as well as break down superstructures; not a war of politics but of principles; not a war for conquest but for ruin. All the treasuries of Europe will be bankrupt within a twelvemonth of its commencement; unless England shall become their banker. This will be the harvest of the men of money.--It is unfortunate that your money is all lodged for your commission; otherwise, in the course of a few operations, you might make cent per cent, which I propose to do. _Apropos_ of commissions. I had nearly omitted, in my own family anxieties, to mention the object

for which I began my letter. I have _failed_ in arranging the affair of your commission!
This was not for want of zeal. But the prospect of a war has deranged and inflamed every thing. The young nobility have actually besieged the Horse-guards. All the weight of the aristocracy has pressed upon the minister, and minor influence
has been driven from the field. The spirit is too gallant a one to be blamed;--and yet--ar