[virt-tools-list] OpenVz and libvirt (Debian Lenny)

Arthur Clement clement.arthur at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 09:59:04 UTC 2010

Hi, I'm trying to make a fully working node with kvm and openvz, both
managed by libvirt on Debian Lenny.
Kvm/libvirt is running fine but I have some trouble to make openvz and
libvirt working together.

First, I had to use a backported libvirt (0.7.6-1~bpo50+1), 0.4.6-10 was to
old and virsh was not able to connect to openvz.

Currently, I can create a vm with openvz tools and control with virsh
(start/list/destroy...) but the configuration is still in /etc/vz and I can
not create a VZ vm with virt-install (for example : how to choose a template
? ).

Virt-manager does not list openvz hypervisor when I create a vm, only qemu
and kvm.

Thank for any help.