[virt-tools-list] different install-wizards in virt-manager

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 14:14:30 UTC 2012

On 06/13/2012 03:16 AM, Michael Menge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quoting Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com>:
>
>> On 06/11/2012 08:42 AM, Michael Menge wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i found that virt-manager uses one install wizard if connected to local
>>> qemu and an other if connected over ssh (even to localhost).
>>> The wizard used over ssh has more options and features.
>>>
>>> Is this a feature or a bug?
>>> If this is a feature woh can i use the remote wizard on local qemu
>>> connections
>>>

>> You'll have to explain the actual differences you are seeing. The wizard
>> should be the same, but certain install options may be disabled for remote
>> connections. I can't think of anything that should be available for remote,
>> but not for local connections though.
>>
>> - Cole
>>

> A picture is worth a thousand words.

That's suse weirdness. They patch out the local installer and stick in their
own for reasons unknown to me.

I'd recommend you file a bug with them and tell them to stop needlessly
deviating from upstream, particularly since they don't appear to update their
installer with new features as much as upstream virt-manager does.