[virt-tools-list] ERROR unsupported configuration: host doesn't support invariant TSC

pc aide pcaide at gmx.fr
Fri Apr 3 02:49:38 UTC 2015

Hello, I just installed a fresh CentOS 7 minimal version on my server
(dell r610).

Linux testServer 3.10.0-229.1.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Mar 27 03:04:26
UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

then made update and installed kvm tools

yum -y install qemu-kvm qemu-img libvirt virt-install
libvirt-daemon-driver-* /
//
/Name        : qemu-kvm
Arch        : x86_64
Epoch       : 10
Version     : 1.5.3
Release     : 86.el7_1.1/
//
/Name        : virt-install
Arch        : noarch
Version     : 1.1.0
Release     : 12.el7

And then I got an error when I'm using the virt-install command with
"--cpu host" option:

  virt-install --connect qemu:///system -n archlinux -r 1024 *--cpu
host* --vcpus=1 --disk path=archlinux.raw,bus=virtio --cdrom
archlinux-2015.02.01-dual.iso --os-type linux --network
bridge:virbr0,model=virtio --hvm --graphics vnc,listen=0.0.0.0

Starting install...
*ERROR    unsupported configuration: host doesn't support invariant TSC*
Domain installation does not appear to have been successful.
If it was, you can restart your domain by running:
   virsh --connect qemu:///system start archlinux
otherwise, please restart your installation.

I've double check the Virtualization option in the BIOS is enabled.

Here is a summary of /proc/cpuinfo:

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 26
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5520  @ 2.27GHz
lags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmo
n pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni dtes64
monitor ds_cpl*vmx *est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm dca sse4_1 sse4_2
popcnt lahf_lm ida dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpr
iority ept vpid

Am I missing something ? I'd like to know if there is a way to fix this.

If you need more informations, just ask.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

pcaide