[virt-tools-list] [help] Does spice support Camera or Printer ?

Victor Toso lists at victortoso.com
Wed Nov 25 07:07:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 11:34:28AM +0800, hongzhen_luo at sina.com wrote:
> Dear everyone
> If i connected Camera or Printer in my host , Does spice support
> Camera or Printer ?

spice supports usb redirection between the client and the guest. If you
connect a usb camera in your client, you can enable it in your guest.

> I  can get the device name of Camera in the USB
> device List  ...but ,it looks like the dirver cannot be installed
> successfully ..If it was supported ..what something should be
> installed  between client and server ?

Which guest are you running? If you are using windows then you need to
install UsbDK [1] in the guest in order to be able to use the usb
device.

[1] (1.0.7 msi installer) http://www.spice-space.org/download.html

> e.g. when I connected camera in my host, the " USB Camera
> (interface 0)"  will display in the USB device widget List .... but
> it's useless after i clicked checkbox for installing this device ...
>
> Best Regards

Host and client are not always the same machine. Usbredir works between
the client and guest.

In case you are not able to redirect the camera or printer, let us know:
- which client are you using? (e.g. remote-viewer)
- which client OS (Linux / Windows)
- which guest OS
- the version of the packages as well :)

Cheers,
  - toso