[almighty] using ci.centos.org for ALM

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon Aug 22 12:18:30 UTC 2016

> With JJB, there are 2 types of jobs:
> 1) the service job that will typically run on schedule. This job will
> then parse the devtools-ci-index.git repo and setup jenkins jobs,
> change configs and notification details etc for the actual jobs. I
> think leaving that on a 10 min cron might be ok.

I assume the reasons for 10 min cron vs building on change
is to ensure manual edits in jenkins UI  do not stay in effect by
accident ?

> 2) the actual build jobs : I have a little PoC job there, let me try
> and adapt that for the almighty-core and demonstrate the github
> integration. We typically use the github webhooks to setup a notify
> task into jenkins rather than the other way around. This has quite a
> few advantages in that we can accept different kind of notify's and do
> different operations based on those - however, it does come with the
> downside that the ci-centos user needs to be added into the
> contributors for the git repos in github.com. If this isnt seen as a
> major problem, it would be the easiest, fastest path to take.

We can add that if it is necessary - but is there any plans of having
ci-centos
have project specific users rather than global ci-centos users ?

When I did JBoss Tools I did not accept letting JBoss Jenkins user have
full
access since it meant being okey that *anyone* by accident could nuke
our repositories if they had access to Jenkins.

https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1qefox/jenkins_developers_accidentally_do_git_push_force/

so yeah, for now we don't have much to loose - but something to consider
how to handle better going forward.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen