[almighty] using ci.centos.org for ALM

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 07:57:57 UTC 2016

On 22 Aug 2016, at 14:47, Pavol Pitonak wrote:

> Hi Karanbir,
>
> what advantages does ci.centos.org have over current infrastructure?

its resources controlled and managed by the devtools group under Carl
Trieloff
so at least in theory we can more easily influence/upgrade it.

> Why to
> use JJB and not new Pipeline plugin?

JJB are used for bootstrapping the jenkins configuration - you can use
it
to setup pipeline jobs[1] and more. They are when used this way
complementary to each other.

Wether we continue to use it is an open question, but for now its the
recommended way to setup jobs
on ci.centos.org.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/infra/jenkins-job-builder/publishers.html

/max