[almighty] GitHub Pages custom domain name

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Wed May 18 10:38:01 UTC 2016

On 18 May 2016, at 12:32, Aslak Knutsen wrote:

> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen
> <manderse at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 13 May 2016, at 15:58, Aslak Knutsen wrote:
>>
>> Max,
>>>
>>> Could you register a subdomain on almighty.io or almighty.run, not
>>> sure
>>> which we want to use...
>>>
>>> e.g. doc.almighty.io
>>>
>>> So we can map in our DevDoc repo there;
>>> https://help.github.com/articles/using-a-custom-domain-with-github-pages/
>>>

>> I gave this a try. I don't think a CNAME works here since the actual
>> url
>> we currently build to is http://almighty.github.io/almighty-devdoc/.
>>
>> I've setup a masked forward for http://devdoc.almighty.io/ that seems
>> work.
>>
>> /max
>> http://about.me/maxandersen
>>

> Not sure why you say it wouldn't work? From my reading, it doesn't
> seem to
> matter if it's a user/org repo or 'any' repo.

in a CNAME I need to specify just a hostname.

i.e.
devdoc.almighty.io -> almighty.github.io/almighty-devdoc is not a
hostname - Bad.
devdoc.almighty.io -> almighty.github.io is a hostname - Good.

but http://almighty.github.io does not contain anything...hence why I
say it wouldn't work.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen