[almighty] Portfolio backlogs vs Product backlogs?

Vineet Reynolds Pereira vpereira at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 10:18:47 UTC 2016

Hi,
   I haven't seen a lot of discussion on this topic. When reviewing the
walking skeleton [1], I noticed a feature area on portfolio management.
   Now, portfolio backlogs are different from project backlogs in that
highest level initiatives that cut across multiple project teams are put
into a portfolio backlog. This is often done by a program manager. Work
items in a portfolio backlog eventually find their way to one or more
lower-level product backlogs. Individual project teams work only their
product backlogs.

   I've seen similar features in VSTS and JIRA. Do we intend to support
anything like this?

Vineet

[1]:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19woiNb1ZDi4douxoDeQ0SMx6SMSfO5b9AyeoRBAibFA/edit#gid=1230916644