[almighty] Pagination & jsonapi.org

Konrad Kleine kkleine at redhat.com
Tue Oct 4 07:45:31 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,

here are my thoughts on this topic.

I understand that it isn't nice to parse the header values in HTTP
mean, we have to obey to this.)

The docker registry for example has a similar approach when browsing the
docker repositories: https://docs.docker.com/registry/spec/api/#/pagination

The downside is that you cannot jump to the page you want immediately
unless you do some calculation.

The number of pages in a live system can change while you're browsing
through the work items, because others might add or remove work items. This
should be considered when calculating the amount of pages.

Konrad