[almighty] Banksia MVP from the point of view of a Scrum Master

Ranjith Varakantam rvarakan at redhat.com
Mon Oct 17 04:14:57 UTC 2016

Team,
           Re-sending this email to ALMighty-public as I feel it would help
to list out top 5 things that will allow the other teams in Devtools also
to use it instead of Trello, Jira or Github. Having a Sprint goal makes it
easier to select and order User Stories.

1. Be able to define a multiple projects, even if they are isolated from
each other. Having separate project instances will help the teams to move
from Trello or any other tool to Almighty

2. Be able to define the concept of Sprint by allowing for a ‘TimeBoxing’
feature, wherein the team can specify if their Sprints are 1 week or 3
weeks. So that UX team could also try out the tool.

3. Group a subset of user stories into a Sprint backlog after the planning
session and ability to break down the user stories into tasks, this solves
one of the biggest pain points with Trello.

4. We should be able to reflect the progress on a particular user story by
updating the state of the user story as it progresses.

5. We should be able to see different lists like the Product Backlog,
Sprint Backlog with respect to state. For example to see the user stories
that are in progress and completed for Sprint 121.

*Nice to haves:*

1. Ability to enter estimated story points to the user stories that are
part of the Sprint Backlog and show the sum of story points taken up in a
particular sprint.

2. Ability to add team members to the project.

3. Ability to groups Sprints into a Release. This would allow the teams to
define Banksia goals in the tool and structure the Sprints accordingly.

--
Ranjith Reddy V.
Agile Coach