[almighty] Relation between Stories and Bugs for the Planning

Ranjith Varakantam rvarakan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 09:47:33 UTC 2016

Same goes for research activities (Spikes). We need to define a Story when
our aim or goal is to answering a question or gathering information and
schedule it in a Sprint just like any other story along with estimation.

1. We should clearly define it the acceptance criteria, in this case what
are we trying to find out and to what degree of confidence
2. Also time box it. That is to say that we will spend a maximum of 2 days
on it and make a decision based on that information.

Ranjith

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 12:58 PM, Thomas Mäder <tmader at redhat.com> wrote:

> What he said. Same with "technical debt tasks". Let's do it!
>
> /Thomas
>
> On 10/19/2016 04:36 PM, Michael Kleinhenz wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> because this topic was popping up in today's plannings. My 2ct on bugs
>> vs. stories in the planning process:
>>
>> Usually bugs are treated like stories in the planning process. They
>> should be part of the backlog and should be part of the order of
>> execution. They should also be estimated and placed into sprints like
>> stories. In an ideal case this leads to a backlog that consists of
>> stories ("new features") and bugs ("debts") that are treated equal in
>> terms of planning an iteration.
>>
>> Comments?
>>
>> -- Michael

Ranjith Reddy V.