[almighty] How would the 'search' URLs look like for the ALM Search service ?

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 14:40:17 UTC 2016

On 20 Oct 2016, at 14:53, Monica Granfield wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 3:23 AM, Shoubhik Bose <shbose at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Wanted to discuss how the /api/search URL(s) would look like.
>>
>> To set the scope of the discussion right, I must mention that in this
>> sprint we are working on supporting search on ID , URL and full text
>> ( for
>> title and description only ) of a workitem.
>>

> ** Am curious what is driving the need for these attributes to search
> by? I
> would have thought that search by assigned to would be a top candidate
> as
> these three attributes all focus on the work item only. Can we replace
> string with Assignee, as to address this issue?

Shoubhik is working on this in context of
https://github.com/almighty/almighty-core/issues/330
which is initially purely about enough search facilities to support UX
of https://github.com/almighty/almighty-core/issues/307

> Behaviorally if I typed in 731 http://..../......
>
> I would expect it to pick up the ID first, as it is first in order.
> I am
> also wondering about the fuzzy type ahead that Max mentioned and if
> any
> thought has been given around that?

This is mainly for the typeahead/fuzzy search.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen