[almighty] Planning/Wish to start using Eclipse Che

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 10:11:13 UTC 2016

On 21 Oct 2016, at 10:54, Shoubhik Bose wrote:

> Thanks Thomas and Max,
>
> Latency issues inhibit the comfortable collaboration over screen
> share. :)
>
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Max Andersen <manderse at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Would be great if we could.
>>
>> But Che doesn't support dual editing afaik ?
>>

> I read somewhere it does - never tried though.

It doesn't - they have a notion of "Shared workspaces" but for now its
basically
just a shared filesystem.

Its on their roadmap afaik but not there yet.

>> And it does not yet have Go support afaik.
>>
>> Anything else you were thinking about ?
>>

> Actually I was looking for pair programing with Go  :(

Tried using a vnc based solution ? its not optimal since only one person
can control the mouse/keyboard but its better than just plain
screensharing.

/max