[almighty] Almighty Build Service and Private repositories

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Wed Oct 26 15:40:53 UTC 2016

Hi Tomas,

Just some questions about terminology.

> My recommendation is that we will start with supporting ssh keys first
> as well and have the interface open to add other types of
> authentication methods.
>
> Github generally offers these methods[3]:
> 1. HTTPS cloning with OAuth tokens
>    - probably too broad because you can access all repositories user
> has access to
>    - doesn't need ssh protocol (some repositories can be only
> accessible through https, but that's rare)
>
> 2. Deploy keys
>    - Allow you to have special ssh key just for one repository (or
> more
> if you want)
>    - only for repository source code
>
> 3. Machine users
>    - Regular account, using ssh key
>    - You have to create them manually

Which of the three above is what Github call access tokens ?
(https://github.com/blog/1509-personal-api-tokens and
https://help.github.com/articles/creating-an-access-token-for-command-line-use/)

Is that what you call OAuth tokens ?

And around Deploy keys - I couldn't find a way to limit access to
specific repositories.
Got a link/screenshot where that happens ?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen