[almighty] github merge option for almighty-core

Thomas Mäder tmader at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 11:46:24 UTC 2016

Frankly, I think the detailed creation history of a PR does not add a
lot of useful information. PR's should contain consistent sets of
changes addressing a particular to-do. We are doing Scrum with a 3 week
cycle, so no change should be really huge.

Often, the genesis of a particular PR is messy...you do some stuff, then
realize you have to fix something over there...and you end up with a
mess of commits that doesn't make any chronological sense.

That said, if we ARE interested in a detailed history of all commits, we
should keep the real history, not some kind of fake history made to look
good or logical when it isn't. Chances are that we are going to get the
history wrong if we make it up after the fact.

My 0.02€

/Thomas