[almighty] Build Service and Build Provider Integration

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 08:00:16 UTC 2016

>>> Do you mean that you will support what OpenShift has developed
>>> (include
> PipelineStrategy within OpenShift Template BuildConfig) and which is
> described here -
> https://docs.openshift.org/latest/architecture/core_concepts/builds_and_image_streams.html#pipeline-build
>  ?
> If this is the case, this vision is a bit different from what I
> propose
> here: https://redhat-microservices.github.io/docs/#_introduction_2
> where a
> commit pushed in a Git Repo will trigger the pipeline job of Jenkins
> as a
> webhook has been configured within Gogs/Gitlab .... Can we align our
> positions ?

using web hooks is exactly what we expect the pipeline to be triggered
by.

afaik the same is used by openshift which then on top add the notion of
image streams
- is it that notion you want to avoid/remove ?

btw. first time I hear about redhat-microservices.github.io .... care to
introduce it ?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen