ASUS K8V BIOS problem

Mike Cooper Mike.Cooper at reshape.com
Fri Apr 16 17:21:06 UTC 2004

Thanks!

This seems to temporarily fix the problem.  Whenever I make any BIOS
setting change, it goes into this "blank screen no output mode".  If I
pull the power cord out for ~1 minute and plug it back in, it acts
normal (I can get into BIOS setup or boot from any device).  However,
once I change any BIOS setting, it goes back into the same mode.

Curiously, it consistantly says "Checking NVRAM... Update failed!"
during normal BIOS initialization whenever it goes into "blank screen no
output mode".  When it boots OK it say "Checking NVRAM...".

I'm going to try replacing the power supply (the case came with a 350W
Allied power supply) with something better and see if that fixes the
problem.

	mike