No CD sound on Asus SK8N

James C. Bevier jim at jbsys.com
Fri Apr 16 20:20:53 UTC 2004

I have an ASUS K8V SE with Athlon64 3200 processor.  The
board has onboard sound.  My modprobe.conf has line with
alias sound-slot-0 snd-via82xx.  Testing the sound when
running system-config-soundcard works fine, I hear the
strumming music.  I slid in a music CD and no sound using
KsCD.  I opened up KMix and selected the input tab.  The
second column is the CD input, which is muted by default.
Click on the green light to unmute and slid the CD volume to
full and you will have sound.  Worked for me.

Jim