Archives unavailable?

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Mon Feb 23 21:41:35 UTC 2004

In article <403629ED.90807 at atl.lmco.com>, Doug Stewart wrote:
> I've got some questions re: feasability of Oracle 9i on an Opteron box
> and I need answers fairly soon, as I have to make a purchasing
> recommendation, and I'd rather not sell management on a Sun system, just
> because Oracle _definitely_ runs on it.

What were the questions?

Oracle and SuSE seem to partner on supporting oracle
on the opteron 64bit platform.

http://www.suse.de/en/business/certifications/certified_software/oracle/matrix.html

Also, OCFS is supported by Redhat AS and SuSE SLES8 according to

http://otn.oracle.com/tech/linux/htdocs/ocfs_faq_031103.html

If you need some technical answers,
don't hesitate to call in :-)

Michael Will
--
Michael Will, Linux Sales Engineer
NEWS: We have moved to a larger iceberg :-)