Help with packages

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Mar 8 17:29:01 UTC 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 08:30, Wayne ward wrote:
> I use alsa and also use xmms-mp3
> Xmule would be a bonus.
> And will apt work??

Ok, so these are all 3rd party rpms.  You can wait for the thirdparty
people to start building x86_64 versions, or you can grab the src.rpm
and build them yourself.  At this time, I don't believe that apt is
x86_64 friendly.

> I hear nvidia are going to get this working.
> Games like UT and wolfenstien will work soon apparently.
> Ive seen someone has got this working on mandrake by adding the 32
> bit libraries.

I highly doubt this.  Nvidia does have a 64bit 3d driver, and 64bit
compiled games work, such as the UT2k4 demo, or tuxracer.  32bit games
will not though.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: