Thunder k8w / sil3114 sata-raid

Mark mark at harddata.com
Thu Mar 11 19:49:11 UTC 2004

On March 11, 2004 12:28 pm, "Erik LaBianca" <erik at totalcirculation.com> wrote:
> I just downloaded the FC1 x86-64 cd's, and was hoping that support for
> my sil3114 SATA raid controller would be included, but alas it's not.
> I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is support for it under linux
> anywhere, and how I can hack it into the fedora installer?
>
> I've seen the binary drivers @ tyan.com, has anybody played with these?

You can patch the 2.4.22-1.2174 kernel to support Silicon Image Driver or
Apparently you can reconfig the 2.4.22-1.2174 kernel to use Jeff Garzik's
libata support. (see the x86_64 SATA thread on the fedora-test list)

Here's my website with a kernel with the SII patch.

http://www.harddata.com/fc1.kernel.sil3114/

Note I haven't made a install image kernel so you will still have to install
with a PATA drive then transfer the system to the SATA drives.

regards,

Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771   F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--