Extremely Slow Processing

Scott Coppen scott_coppen at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 15:19:32 UTC 2004

Try rebooting off of a floppy (tomsrtbt) and see how that works.  If
processing is at normal speed, I'm betting there is a persistant
message that is getting printed over and over again to
/var/log/messages (this is what happened to me when I experienced
similiar behavior).  Tom's boot disk should have ext2 and ext3
available, so you should be able to mount you root partition and
investigate what is going on.

Hope this helps,

--
Scott W. Coppen