I need help debugging a random lockup

John Griffin jgriffin at v1data.com
Wed May 5 20:27:19 UTC 2004

we've been struggling w/ a lockup issue and I'm wondering if there is any
relationship-
we have
dual opterons (244s)
MSI K8D Master-F.
ECC memory
we're having a devil of a time getting our CRON scripts to burn backups on a
CDRW
I should say the isolated issue is on the portion of the script related to
the CD Burn program- when the system is at the point of completing the burn
(writing the table of contents?), our system locks up.
we noticed activity on our eth0 port and SCSI array at the moment the system
locks.
our thought is there is a conflict w/ our RAID (through our Adaptec
39320A-R).
we also have discovered issues in our driver for the Broadcom gig-e on
board. We have been unable to implement the updated drivers for the
Broadcoms and are still using the Tigon3 drivers.

Has anyone had this type of lockup?

John Griffin
V1 Datacom Inc