I need help debugging a random lockup

Marshall Lewis marshall at novafoundry.com
Thu May 6 03:20:58 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 23:05, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:

> The last time I had a system with random lockups like yours I eventually
> traced the cause to an old power supply. Those baby beer can
> electrolytic capacitors eventually dry up and don't filter the AC ripple
> voltage the way they did when new. The lockups vanished as soon as I
> replaced the P/S. Do you have a spare you can try?
>
> --Doc Savage
>   Fairview Heights, IL

Thanks for the suggestion....  The power supply is just about brand new
(installed in november), but that doesn't eliminate it as a potential
cause... I'll see what else I can try this week, and if it's still
locking up, I'll probably pull the power supply out of my home
workstation and try that.  Or .. hmmm : ) one of the other developers is
having a workstation built right now.. maybe I can borrow his
tomorrow...

--
 Marshall