I need help debugging a random lockup

John Griffin jgriffin at v1data.com
Thu May 6 17:19:19 UTC 2004

we have been working this issue long enough that we started noticing the eth
port and drive lights bumped at the same moment the system locked.
try this link for a driver update-
http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php
I cannot find where I read this, but remember seeing that there were
improvements w/ this driver over the tigon3 driver. Does anyone know if the
native Redhat tigon3 drivers are better/worse suited for Broadcom 57xx than
the provided driver by Broadcom for Linux. I'm experiencing a learning curve
on kernel source tree and having issues implementing the driver linked
above.